Thursday, September 11, 2008
"Old Scrpiture" with New Insight
'Bodies. They are so limited in their capacity to progress beyond what there has been encoded in them genetically. In man’s pursuit to go beyond that bodily limitation, a movement was born. It started with first integrating and expanding communication seamlessly with the human body. You could have your left, or right, ear removed and replaced with a wireless cellular device. Eye’s were next, then the bodies ligaments. We then finally progressed to a point where the whole human body could be augmented. The brain itself was a thing of the past. ... But factions were born from the years of turmoil and strife.'
It seems after so much isolation, I have only my memories, or old data left to go over. I was recalling a local broadcast. It was a forum of scholarly people debating the progress of humanity. The irony of the dialogue was that it was being broadcasting via the very medium they fought so adamantly to control, technology. I long for the chaos of our Plateau, of our new found community. It is maddening now to be left alone with my thoughts, at least I believe them to be my own thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment